Sunday, April 12, 2015

Ten by six DIY: Mini succulent garden

Succulents are some of my favourite plants. It helps that they're hardy and hard to kill which is certainly helpful at certain times of the year when my garden gets a bit neglected. 

But the thing I love about succulents is how floral and colourful they can be. How you can just cut a piece off, plant it and grow another. For some time I've been growing succulents in small pots and old jars which is a look I love. But I've been meaning to do a mini succulent garden with a mixture of those from my garden for quite some time and a couple of weeks ago, I finally did!

It's now sitting pride of place by my front door, brightening my day every time I leave and welcoming me home as I return.

What you'll need for a mini succulent garden:
Making your own mini succulent garden is super easy!
  • Variety of succulent cuttings from your garden
  • A pot 
  • Potting mix
  • Gardening gloves
Simply arrange to your liking, make sure everything is securely planted and give it a little water once a week. It's the perfect, low maintenance, all-year-round floral arrangement!





 

 
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment