Thursday, March 27, 2014

101 Books

It's official. I have an actual problem. I realised last weekend that I hadn't read anything since moving into our new abode and with all the craziness of the move before that - suffice to say it's been too long between books. (Since then I've been pretty much inhaling Chuck Palanhiuk's Choke - awesome read.) But that's not the problem. Oh no, no, no. That is the least of this gal's problems. Read on.

So once we finally put the bed together and the shelves up, I decided it was well overdue to let the books out of the boxes. But with so many books and so little space, I figured I better be reasonable and you know, just unpack the books I hadn't read - because those are the priority. If I do that, then I'll have something to focus on, a pile you know... turns out, it was a little more than just a pile :/ 

Hi, my name is El and I'm a book-aholic.

A selection of the unread books I own. It's a travesty. It's a problem.
I wrote about my book diet earlier this year and now the reality of just how necessary it is for that to be imposed is sinking in. I have a first-world real booking problem here. 

Now some of these I have actually started... and not quite gotten around to finishing before I got distracted by some thing, some book else (wow I'm sensing a life pattern here - eek), but at least that's a start I suppose. But the overwhelming pile of books just kept growing until it took over the whole bed! And then I counted. There's 101. 

Holy shitballs I have alot of reading to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment