Thursday, January 9, 2014

New year, new blog

So it’s a new year, and here I am on a new blog. I’m El, dreamer and procrastinator extraordinaire. The latter of which I hope to work on…always.
For the past two years I've been writing and musing on tumblr and for those wonderful people who followed me there, I’ll still be there every now and again but in a different capacity. I loved tumblr for the inspiration I found there – mainly pictorial, but this year I want to focus more on writing and I think Blogger is a better platform to join that community in a more rounded way. So here I am – thanks for having me.


Happy 2014!
I’m not making resolutions this year. Too many new years have I made list upon list of things to achieve and too many years I’ve not even come close to actualising that list. This is both due to my insane ability to set exceptionally high standards for myself (seriously – that’s a bad idea, rarely do high expectations result in increased self worth – generally you just end up down on yourself for not reaching the mark) and an equally great ability to procrastinate. 

So this year I’m doing things a bit differently and I think come January 1 2015, I’ll have a smile on my face and I’ll be able to look back and say ‘Was my year what I wanted it to be?’ and I'll be able to answer that question with a resounding 'Yes'. This year I’m proposing a theme, a focus; three words that will be my 2014. And along with my adoration for alliteration – this year(coincidentally), they all start with ‘H’. 

Happiness. Health. Home.

I look forward to sharing all of these things with you, here on Prickles and Pearls.

 
Do you set new years resolutions? What are your goals/themes/words for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment