Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tuesday mini-break

This afternoon after decorating half my head with silver foil and positioning me under the ufo looking heater that spins around my head radiating heat at bleach and willing it to brighten my dull hair, my hairdresser passed me a cup of tea & said: "Right, you just sit there for 20 minutes."

8 little words that made me instantly relax. 'I have 20 minutes,' I thought to myself. 20 whole minutes. To read my emails and reply to a few long awaited. To read blogs. To scroll through Pinterest for creative inspiration and of course to draft this post. 

It feels like a while since I've had 20 whole minutes - uninterrupted and unplanned where I didn't have to do anything else. Where no one needed me, where nothing was due. It was a little heated holiday inside my hairdresser's salon this afternoon. A much needed break from all the other things that are the busyness of life. Not to mention a well overdue cut and colour! 'Ssooooo much better,' according to said hairdresser. ;)

Of course soon the time was over. Soon it was time to get home, get back in front of the laptop. But for just a short 20 minutes it was nice to enjoy a little break and a little pampering.  

No comments:

Post a Comment