Thursday, April 24, 2014

Cool, calm, creative


And so it is finally, FINALLY, autumn. The days are cooler and the nights are chilly. The fans have been switched off and blankets for snuggling up on the couch brought out. I have worn/carried a cardigan with me every day this week. There have been several moments when I have genuinely felt cold. Finally green leaves are starting to brown, although others might skip this stage entirely and just fall anyway. And the best thing - it's finally red wine weather. I forget just how fond I am of red wine during the summer months. But now that burgundy stained corks have been popped, it's making me think that I really am a cool weather person. There is something so intimate about cool weather. It's romantic, the dark and the rain. It's cosy, cuddly, couchy weather. It's dinner parties in cosy apartments weather. It's love in a jumper weather.

I've not yet donned tights and I'm still yet to purchase a new umbrella and I don't want to even contemplate how my jeans will be fitting this year (note to self, buy tights, buy umbrella and for god's sake keep up the exercise!) but the change in weather is already bringing with it a change of mood. I am always more creative in the cooler months, and my brain it ticking away with lots of little ideas to fill the time spent mostly indoors in cooler months. 

So let there be words and wine and creative endeavors. Let there be curling up on the couch and reading and chatting together. Let there be storms that rumble (but l

et me know be caught out in them). Let there be friendship and cardigans and love.

How does the cooler weather effect you? Do you see a distinct change in mood with the change of seasons? Or am I just getting old?    

No comments:

Post a Comment